Introduction to Conflict Management and Negotiation
The free online course Introduction to Conflict Management and Negotiation introduces you to the different types of conflict that can occur in your work and personal life, reasons why conflict can arise, and various conflict-handling styles to help you effectively manage conflict. This course will also present you with the knowledge and skills necessary to have successful negotiations including how to avoid common mistakes in negotiation.
The course begins by explaining what conflict is. You will learn about the various types of conflict that can occur and the level of conflict that is most effective for high performance. You will study potential root causes of conflict arising within a workplace and the positive and negative outcomes of this conflict. You will then learn multiple ways on how to resolve organizational conflict and the most common styles people have for handling conflict. This section concludes by explaining how an awareness of our emotions and thoughts are important for the success of managing conflict and the key to keeping disagreements healthy.
The course then introduces you to the five stages of negotiation. You will study a detailed description of each stage including examples highlighting the relevance of each stage. You will learn about negotiation strategies as well as how to avoid common mistakes that could negatively impact the result of your negotiation. From here, you will learn about third-party negotiations and alternative dispute resolutions recognising when it is time to enlist a third-party negotiator. You will then learn about ethics and negotiations. This section will explain how you can effectively negotiate with people from around the world and different cultures without insulting cultural traditions. To conclude this section of the course, you will learn about tips for negotiating success and also steps you can take to negotiate for a higher salary.
This course will be of great interest to professionals working in the areas of conflict management, negotiations and human resources. It will also be of great interest to all learners who would like to learn more about the various types of conflict that can occur and the negotiation skills that can be used to manage conflict.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
– Explain the nature of conflict in your personal life or at work
– Describe the different types of conflict you may experience at work and in your personal life
– Identify the possible outcomes of conflicts
– Define your own communication style
– Explain different ways to manage conflicts
– Apply the five stages of negotiation to your work or personal life
– Devise negotiation strategies for use at work or in your personal life
– Identify common mistakes that occur in negotiations
– Recognize when a third-party negotiator is needed to settle a conflict
– Consider the role of ethics when negotiating with others
– Review the role of national culture in your negotiations
No Reviews found for this course.