Introduction to histology
This free course provides an introduction to histology, the study of tissues. It also describes how histology can aid in the diagnosis of disease and explains how histology services are organised within a hospital.
After studying this course, you should be able to:
- define all the terms given in bold
- outline the services provided by a hospital histology laboratory, and who uses them
- outline the processes involved in the preparation of tissue sections and explain the purpose of each of these processes
- identify a number of basic tissue-types from their microscopic appearance
- understand why histology is essential for accurate diagnosis and monitoring of disease progression.
No Reviews found for this course.