Introduction to microscopy
This free course provides an introduction to microscopy and the operation of a simple light microscope, of the type found in histology courses and teaching laboratories. It outlines different methods used for preparing and staining tissue sections for microscopy, and explains how different stains can be used to identify particular cells, pathogens and anatomical structures.
After studying this course, you should be able to:
- identify and understand the principle components of a light microscope
- understand in outline, the principles of optics that apply to light microscopes
- set up and use a light microscope
- understand why different staining procedures are used on tissue sections
- understand the principles of immunohistochemistry.
No Reviews found for this course.