Introduction to Occupational Hygiene
This free online course Introduction to Occupational Hygiene presents you with the history of occupational hygiene and the importance of understanding how to control health risks. The increase in industrial activity in developing countries means that there are more people exposed worldwide and technological advancements present new hazards in the workplace. This course introduces you to the skills and knowledge necessary to become aware of the health risks surrounding your workplace environment.
The course begins by explaining occupational hygiene. You will learn about major milestones that occurred in the history of occupational hygiene and the importance of occupational hygiene. The course then introduces you to human physiology and industrial diseases. You will study different organs of the body and how each can be affected by chemical and physical hazards.
The course will then introduce you to the fundamentals of toxicology and hazardous substances. In this section, you will learn about how different processes that occur in the workplace can contribute to health issues. You will also learn how to gather information to assess health risks in the workplace.
This course will be of great interest to professionals working in occupational hygiene, health and safety, and workplace safety. It will also be of interest to all learners who are interested in a career in occupational hygiene or related areas.
Having completed this course you will be able to:
– Explain the importance of occupational hygiene.
– Define how the skin plays an important role in protecting our bodies.
– Describe different skin disorders.
– Identify the functions of the musculoskeletal system.
– Explain the functions of the nervous system.
– Describe what the endocrine system does.
– Explain the role of other parts of the body.
– Define what toxicology is.
– Describe the three main routes of entry of toxins into the body.
– Explain the role of metabolism.
– Identify examples of hazardous substances.
– Distinguish between a hazard and a risk.
– Explain the process of assessing health risks.
No Reviews found for this course.