Managing Health and Safety in Healthcare – Chemical Agent Hazards
This free course aims to provide healthcare line managers and department heads with an introduction to managing occupational health and safety. The full course consists of six modules and is suitable for all healthcare settings.
This module, Module 4, introduces you to Chemical Agent Hazards in Healthcare. It can be studied as a stand alone module or as part of the full course.
Module 4 is split into three topics:
- Topic 1: Chemical Agent Hazards,
- Topic 2: Chemical Risk Assessment, and
- Topic 3: Implementing Control Measures.
Please note that the module is intended as an overview and may need to be supplemented by more specific training and / or specialised advice.
At the end of this module you should be able to:
- identify chemical agent hazards that exist in the healthcare environment
- identify ways in which healthcare employees are exposed to chemical agents in the workplace
- outline the steps involved in a chemical risk assessment, and
- describe measures used to safeguard healthcare employees from the effects of hazardous chemicals.
No Reviews found for this course.