Statistical Issues in the Design and Analysis of Research Projects
An online course series for medical/biomedical researchers.
OVERALL COURSE OBJECTIVES:
Biostatistics is an area of Applied Statistics concerned with the application of statistical methods to medical, biological and health related problems. This course series is an introductory course in Biostatistics. This course has been designed to train medical/biomedical researchers (students) in the basic principles of biostatistics. It can serve as the necessary base course in biostatistics to intelligently read journal articles in their area of research, interact effectively with professional biostatisticians in collaborative endeavors, understand the statistical terminologies and to make basic statistical analyses and interpretation of the results for their studies. This course will be delivered online.
- Introduce the statistical issues in the planning and analysis of research
- Enable an understanding of the basic statistical aspects of published research
- Provide opportunities for students to learn and use some specific statistical methods
Topics and Schedule (2017)
- Variability and types of data (Jan 26th)
- Populations, sampling and confidence intervals (Feb 2nd)
- Hypothesis testing (Feb 9th )
- Overview of study design (Feb 16th)
- Correlation and analysis of variance (Feb 23rd )
No Reviews found for this course.